Direct Express Dispute Resolution Department

Most Direct Express card holders call the dispute resolutions department to contest suspicious or unauthorized charges on their card. We get questions all the time about Direct Express Dispute form or fax number. There is actually no downloadable dispute form on the website to formally report your suspicious activity. There is also no fax number on the website to send in a formal complaint. The only way to dispute a charge on your card is to call Customer Service at the number below:

—     Customer Service: 1-888-741-1115

—     Hearing impaired: 1-866-569-0447

—     International: 1-765-778-6290 (Collect)

Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you have charges on your card and need to look into where it came from, call the customer service number and file a complaint. Make sure you have your card number and the specific transaction you want them to investigate (date of transaction, amount and the merchant it was made at).

When you call customer service, they are going to ask you questions to confirm your identity to make sure you are who you say you are and that you are the actual card holder, so be ready to provide information including your social security number, date of birth and any other identifiers they may want.

"direct express dispute resolution"

We have received a lot of complaints about how slow and frustrating contacting Direct Express Dispute Department can get. Let us know about your own personal experience calling customer service in our comments section below. Did they resolve your issue? If you are not satisfied, contact the US Treasury Department at Direct.Express@fiscal.treasury.gov to file a complaint.

Comments

comments

Posted in Direct Express Customer Service, Direct Express Dispute Tagged with: , , ,
9 comments on “Direct Express Dispute Resolution Department
  1. I can’t get on your website

2. scharles says:

Absolutely can not reach customer service after 12 hours down so far. Why is it so difficult to maintain two working numbers and stop abusing the American people.

3. Jane Neal says:

There are charges on my card I’m disputing.

4. Deborah Miller says:

Need to finish the dispute process/application,no one answered after the operator took the basic I information.now I can’t reach that Dept I have cancelled the card and a new one is on the way.Just hope my money is too!

5. Praveen malhotra says:

What is their policy on authorizations that the company them selfs are refusing and have put in a return request how long will it take for the funds to become available

6. Charlie Trahan says:

I have several fraudulent charges. I am unable to reach anyone to start a claim. I have called daily and been on hold for hours, to have the call disconnected. How is it legal that the Government uses them for their services, but they cant afford to have working phones? I have sent letters to the address listed and emailed the treasury complaint department. I just want this corrected.

7. Doug schmer says:

Someone help tried to pull money off card and atm kept it and every time I call after sitting on hold for a hour it hangs up I need my money help please

8. john w almeida says:

I want to know, why it is so difficult , when UPS did not deliver my new card on time when I should have received it on a Friday, but won’t get util the following Monday, that I have to fight to get my money refunded that I was charged to get my card expidited ?? I also would like to know , if directexpress is a service mark of the U.S,treasury , why they are not linked together with SS to both have my address i the first place

9. n October 21st my debit card was stolen by a man that stopped by my house. I had known him less than a week. First only half the monies were paid due to my being blocked from the website once my credit card was canceled. I had a CSR assist me and she only gave me half the transactions. Upon further review I found that there was $1800 above and beyond the initial transactions. I have been waiting all this time for my money. I need this money now as I am on a fixed income but today I was informed that my dispute has been denied.

I have dealt with rude customer service reps and now I’m being told that I am a thief because I live in Columbus and the card was used in Columbus. Columbus isn’t a small town with a couple of roads so it doesn’t even make sense to assume since it was used in Columbus that I was using it. Between the way I was treated and also discriminated against due to my mental disability, I am quite dissatisfied with DirectExpress and their services.

After waiting this long and to find out that the fraud department did not even investigate has me extremely angry. The videos were not requested from the banksthe police were not contacted and the report number was provided to Direct Express. After speaking to the police department, I was advised that it was illegal to accuse another person of a crime with no proof and it is definitely illegal to discriminate due to a mental disability.

With all the time spent on this I would assume the fraud department would’ve had all their facts in order and would not be making decisions on guess work or assumptions.

I would like the last case 1-4322393097 opened and be reimbursed immediately. This fiasco has caused my bills to be paid late, late fees and has damaged my credit I was trying to rebuild. I have spent too much time being anxious and stressed, affecting my health.

Anything you will do to resolve this matter will be greatly appreciated.