Amazon Prime Discount for Seniors 2019
In this post, we will discuss Amazon prime Discount for Seniors and the two ways seniors can get Amazon prime at a more than 50% discount. Amazon Prime is Amazon’s paid membership service for frequent shoppers. It is a membership program that gives you and your family unlimited FREE Two-Day shipping on eligible purchases delivered anywhere in the contiguous United States.
It is an incredibly convenient benefit because you can buy virtually everything you need on Amazon, including household items and supplies. However, Amazon Prime is more than just a free two-day shipping service. There are many other amazing perks, including video and movie streaming, reading unlimited books on the Kindle app for free, restaurant and grocery delivery, and discounts at Whole Foods to name a few.
This Post will Cover
- Why should I subscribe to Amazon Prime?
- Amazon Prime Discount for Seniors
Why should I subscribe to Amazon Prime?
There are millions of items that were eligible for Prime two-day shipping in the U.S. It is easy to understand why Amazon prime currently has 100 million members.
As of 2019, the membership fee for Amazon Prime is currently $119 a year, or $12.99 a month. However, there are two ways Seniors can get Amazon Prime at a Discount. Seniors who have EBT Cards (who are on Food Stamps or TANF) or receive Medicaid can get Amazon prime at a monthly rate of $5.99. See below for details.
If you do not have an EBT Card or Medicaid card, you can still try Amazon Prime for FREE for 30 days. If you decide you don’t want the service after 30 days, you can cancel.
However, we are sure that after the 30 days, you will probably sign up and join the more than 110 million people who currently have Amazon Prime membership.
Click here to try Amazon Prime for FREE for 30 Days. You can also click the link below to get started with the FREE 30-day trial.
Here are the Perks that come with Amazon Prime Membership:
Over 100 million items were eligible for Prime two-day shipping in the U.S. by the end of last year. Here are the highlights:
- Free two-day shipping on some items to addresses in the contiguous U.S., with no minimum purchase. Even if you buy a $5 book, it’ll arrive in 48 hours.
- Free same-day delivery Some cities get a free same-day (or one-day) shipping on orders over $35 made before 9 a.m. Orders made after 9 a.m. for these cities can get next-day free shipping.
- Free 2-hour delivery (Prime Now): Tens of thousands of items are included. This service is currently available in 32 cities.
- Whole Foods delivery: Some zip codes can also get 2-hour delivery from Whole Foods through Amazon Prime.
- Deliveries to your car: Millions of items can also be delivered to 2015 model year or newer Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac and Volvo models through Amazon Key. It’s available in select cities.
- AmazonFresh Delivery: If you don’t have the time or energy to go grocery shopping, AmazonFresh will deliver groceries straight to your door. For an additional $14.99 per month, Prime members can shop at a large online grocery store and their groceries will be delivered the same-day or next-day.
Streaming of video and music has become a much bigger part of Amazon since the launch of Prime Video in 2011.
Here’s what you get with Steaming:
- Prime Video: Prime Video allows members to stream hundreds of movies and TV shows, at no additional charge – including Prime Originals. Additionally, Prime Video members may also subscribe to TV channels like HBO or Showtime and only pay for the channels they actually want. You can also stream 70 film-festival picks and some Emmy-winning originals. In addition, the NFL just announced that Amazon will stream Thursday Night Football for the next two seasons (2018 and 2019). Prime Video also lets you download videos.
- Prime Music: Includes ad-free access to more than a million songs. The music can be played offline, through Amazon’s app.
- Twitch Prime: Amazon bought video-game streaming site Twitch in 2014. Prime members get discounts on physical games pre-orders and new releases, ad-free viewing on Twitch, some free exclusive content and a free Twitch channel subscription every month.
Amazon.com started as an online bookstore. As a prime member, you get access to the following:
- Prime Reading: This service allows you to borrow more than 1,000 books, magazines, and comics, and doesn’t require a Kindle (though you do need the Kindle app.) You’re allowed to borrow 10 at a time for free.
- Amazon First Reads: This program offers a new book for free every month, based on what Amazon picks as the six books eligible for early access (a month in advance).
- Washington Post free trial: Prime members get a six-month free trial of The Washington Post (which normally has a paywall).
This is not very well known but Amazon has physical locations like bookstores (which offer discounts to Prime members)and 2,000 lockers in more than 50 cities. Here are some other product-specific perks of Prime:
- Amazon payment cards: Amazon Prime now offers a rewards Visa (V – Get Report) Card – which offers users 5% back at Amazon and Whole Foods Market, 2% back at restaurants, drug stores, and gas stations, 1% back on some other items. Learn more about the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card here.
- Dash buttons: This is a physical or virtual button you put in your house (or homepage), and push it when you want to reorder a certain product. It’s only available to Prime members.
- Discounts on baby products: But Prime members still 15 percent off items on a baby registry, and 20 percent off some diapers and baby food subscriptions.
- Prime Discount at Whole Foods: For Prime members, shopping at Whole Foods comes with a 10% discount on sale items and select weekly best-sellers.
Amazon Prime membership also offers you some random access or discounts to various services. There are also versions of Amazon Prime, like special deals for students or families, that don’t include every benefit.
- Prime Photos: With Amazon Prime, you get unlimited photo storage and 5 GB of storage for other files for you and 5 people.
- Amazon Channels: You can stream HBO, Showtime, and Starz for a discounted price ($4.99 a month to $14.99 a month) through Amazon.
- Prime Pantry: Prime Pantry includes small, light objects like groceries and household items, (Amazon uses the example of a box of cereal). A single order is available to any Prime member for $7.99 shipping. Or, you can pay $4.99 a month for free shipping on orders over $40 (all the items in the order have to be Pantry products.) It’s not available in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico, or for P.O. boxes. Membership includes some coupons.
- Membership sharing: You can share certain aspects of your Prime membership with up to 10 people: two adults, four teens and four children (teen and child profiles are just for streaming content or supervised shopping for teens). To share your profile, you and the other adult have to agree to use the same payment method. Some perks can’t be shared, like Kindle books, Prime Video, Prime Music, baby product discounts, and Prime Photos. There’s also an option to create a shared business account, which offers different benefits.
Amazon Prime Discount for Seniors
Currently, the only seniors that can get Amazon prime at the discounted are those seniors who have valid EBT Cards or are on Medicaid.
If you have a valid EBT card, you are eligible for the Amazon Prime Discount. Your EBT card qualifies you for Amazon Prime at just $5.99 a month. You must re-qualify for this discount every 12 months and you can only qualify for it for up to 48 months.
Eligible government programs that issue EBT cards include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or Food Stamps)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Other programs by state
How to Sign up for Amazon Prime Discount.
Amazon Prime Discount for Medicaid Recipients
If you are a Medicaid recipient, you are also eligible for Amazon Prime at $5.99 a month for up to 48 months. However, similar to the EBT Prime Discount, you must re-qualify every 12 months. To sign up, you must upload an image of your Medicaid card and confirm that it’s current and valid.
How to Sign up for Amazon Prime Discount.
If you have any questions about Amazon Prime, you can ask us in the comments section below.
If you found this post about Amazon Prime Discount for Seniors helpful, please help us get the word out by sharing it using the “Share This” button below.