Amazon Prime Discount for Seniors 2020
(Last updated on June 10, 2020)
In this post, we will discuss Amazon prime Discount for Seniors and the two ways seniors can get Amazon Prime at a more than 50% discount.
Amazon Prime is Amazon’s paid membership service that comes with some amazing perks. It is a membership program that gives you and your family unlimited FREE One-Day shipping on eligible purchases delivered anywhere in the contiguous United States.
It is an incredibly convenient benefit because you can buy virtually everything you need on Amazon, including household items and supplies.
However, Amazon Prime is more than just a free one-day shipping service.
There are many other amazing perks, including video and movie streaming, reading unlimited books on the Kindle app for free, restaurant and grocery delivery, and discounts at Whole Foods to name a few.
This Post will Cover
- Why should I subscribe to Amazon Prime?
- Amazon Prime Discount for Seniors
- How to Sign up for Amazon Prime Discount for Seniors
- Amazon Prime Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why should I subscribe to Amazon Prime?
There are millions of items that were eligible for Prime 1-day shipping in the U.S. It is easy to understand why Amazon prime currently has 100 million members.
The membership fee for Amazon Prime is currently $119 a year, or $12.99 a month. However, there are two ways Seniors can get Amazon Prime at a Discount.
Seniors who have EBT Cards (who are on Food Stamps or TANF) or receive Medicaid can get Amazon Prime at a monthly rate of $5.99. See below for details.
If you do not have an EBT card or Medicaid card, you can still try Amazon Prime for FREE for 30 days. If you decide you don’t want the service after 30 days, you can cancel.
However, we are sure that after the 30 days, you will probably sign up and join the more than 110 million people who currently have Amazon Prime membership.
You can also click the link or image below to get started with the FREE 30-day trial.Try Amazon Prime for 30 Days FREE
Here are the Perks that come with Amazon Prime Membership:
Over 100 million items were eligible for Prime two-day shipping in the U.S. by the end of last year. Here are the highlights:
- Free 1-day shipping on millions of items, with no minimum purchase. Even if you buy a $5 book, it’ll arrive in 24 hours.
- Free same-day delivery Some cities get a free same-day (or one-day) shipping on orders over $35 made before 9 a.m. Orders made after 9 a.m. for these cities can get next-day free shipping.
- Free 2-hour delivery (Prime Now): Tens of thousands of items are included. This service is currently available in 32 cities.
- Whole Foods delivery: Some zip codes can also get a 2-hour delivery from Whole Foods through Amazon Prime.
- Deliveries to your car: Millions of items can also be delivered to 2015 model year or newer Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac and Volvo models through Amazon Key. It’s available in select cities.
- AmazonFresh Delivery: If you don’t have the time or energy to go grocery shopping, AmazonFresh will deliver groceries straight to your door.
For an additional $14.99 per month, Prime members can shop at a large online grocery store and their groceries will be delivered the same-day or next-day.
Streaming of video and music has become a much bigger part of Amazon since the launch of Prime Video in 2011.
Here’s what you get with Steaming:
- Prime Video: Prime Video allows members to stream hundreds of movies and TV shows, at no additional charge – including Prime Originals.Additionally, Prime Video members may also subscribe to TV channels like HBO or Showtime and only pay for the channels they actually want.You can also stream 70 film-festival picks and some Emmy-winning originals.In addition, the NFL just announced that Amazon will stream Thursday Night Football for the next two seasons (2018 and 2019). Prime Video also lets you download videos.
- Prime Music: Includes ad-free access to more than a million songs. The music can be played offline, through Amazon’s app.
- Twitch Prime: Amazon bought video-game streaming site Twitch in 2014. Prime members get discounts on physical games pre-orders and new releases, ad-free viewing on Twitch, some free exclusive content and a free Twitch channel subscription every month.
Amazon.com started as an online bookstore. As a prime member, you get access to the following:
- Prime Reading: This service allows you to borrow more than 1,000 books, magazines, and comics, and doesn’t require a Kindle (though you do need the Kindle app.) You’re allowed to borrow 10 at a time for free.
- Amazon First Reads: This program offers a new book for free every month, based on what Amazon picks as the six books eligible for early access (a month in advance).
- Washington Post free trial: Prime members get a six-month free trial of The Washington Post (which normally has a paywall).
This is not very well known but Amazon has physical locations like bookstores (which offer discounts to Prime members)and 2,000 lockers in more than 50 cities. Here are some other product-specific perks of Prime:
- Amazon payment cards: Amazon Prime now offers a rewards Visa (V – Get Report) Card – which offers users 5% back at Amazon and Whole Foods Market, 2% back at restaurants, drug stores, and gas stations, 1% back on some other items.Learn more about the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card here.
- Dash buttons: This is a physical or virtual button you put in your house (or homepage), and push it when you want to reorder a certain product. It’s only available to Prime members.
- Discounts on baby products: But Prime members still 15 percent off items on a baby registry, and 20 percent off some diapers and baby food subscriptions.
- Prime Discount at Whole Foods: For Prime members, shopping at Whole Foods comes with a 10% discount on sale items and select weekly best-sellers.
Amazon Prime membership also offers you some random access or discounts to various services.
There are also versions of Amazon Prime, like special deals for students or families, that don’t include every benefit.
- Prime Photos: With Amazon Prime, you get unlimited photo storage and 5 GB of storage for other files for you and 5 people.
- Amazon Channels: You can stream HBO, Showtime, and Starz for a discounted price ($4.99 a month to $14.99 a month) through Amazon.
- Prime Pantry: Prime Pantry includes small, light objects like groceries and household items, (Amazon uses the example of a box of cereal).A single order is available to any Prime member for $7.99 shipping. Or, you can pay $4.99 a month for free shipping on orders over $40 (all the items in the order have to be Pantry products.)It’s not available in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico, or for P.O. boxes. Membership includes some coupons.
- Membership sharing: You can share certain aspects of your Prime membership with up to 10 people: two adults, four teens and four children (teen and child profiles are just for streaming content or supervised shopping for teens).To share your profile, you and the other adult have to agree to use the same payment method.Some perks can’t be shared, like Kindle books, Prime Video, Prime Music, baby product discounts, and Prime Photos.There’s also an option to create a shared business account, which offers different benefits.
Amazon Prime Discount for Seniors
Currently, the only seniors that can get Amazon Prime at the discounted are those seniors who have valid EBT Cards or are on Medicaid.
If you have a valid EBT card, you are eligible for the Amazon Prime Discount. Your EBT card qualifies you for Amazon Prime at just $5.99 a month.Sign up for Amazon Prime Discount
Eligible government programs that issue EBT cards include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or Food Stamps)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Other programs by state
If you are a Medicaid recipient, you are also eligible for Amazon Prime at $5.99 a month for up to 48 months.
However, similar to the EBT Prime Discount, you must re-qualify every 12 months. To sign up, you must upload an image of your Medicaid card and confirm that it’s current and valid.
If you need help signing up, see our detailed instructions below:
How to Sign up for Amazon Prime Discount
Here’s how to sign up for Amazon Prime Discount for EBT and Medicaid:
Step 1 – Visit the Amazon Prime Discount Site
Step 2 – Upload EBT or Medicaid Card to Activate Discount
Next, you will be taken to a page where you will have to log in to your Amazon.com account or sign up for an amazon.com account if you don’t already have an account.
You need a current and valid Medicaid or EBT card to sign up. If you are currently receiving Food Stamps, WIC, TANF or General Assitance and have an EBT Card, you qualify.
Also, if you are an adult and currently receiving Medicaid, you qualify. You cannot use a child’s Medicaid card for this discount.
Once you have logged into your Amazon account, you will be taken to a page like the one below.
Once there, perform the following functions as shown in the image below with arrows:
- Select “EBT” or “Medicaid” under “Choose how you want to qualify”
- If you have an EBT Card, enter your EBT Card Number
- Select your state under “Issuing State”
- Upload a picture of your EBT card or Medicaid Card (you can use your Smartphone to take a picture of your card and upload it.
- Check the box to confirm that your EBT card or Medicaid Card is current and valid.
- Once you enter the requested information, click the “Continue” button. The continue button will only show once you enter all the requested information.
Note: Every 12 months, you’ll have to verify you still have a current and valid EBT card or Medicaid Card.
Congratulations!!!! You can enjoy your Amazon Prime EBT Discount for four years.
Amazon Prime FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions about Amazon Prime
What is Amazon Fresh?
AmazonFresh is a grocery delivery and pickup service available exclusively to Amazon Prime members. As of December 2019, the service is available in major cities, including the following:
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- New York City Metro
- Northern Virginia
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
What can I buy on AmazonFresh?
Here’s what you can buy on AmazonFresh:
Groceries: Whole Foods products, produce, prepared foods, deli, dairy, frozen foods, meat & seafood, meal kits, beverages, breads, snacks, etc.
Household, Health & Beauty: Cleaning supplies, over-the-counter essentials, personal care items, baby products, and pet supplies
Local Market: Local products, such as prepared meals, pressed juice and baked goods, delivered right to your door with the rest of your AmazonFresh order.
Amazon Prime Discount for Seniors Summary
We hope this post about Amazon Prime Discount for Seniors was helpful to you. If you have questions about Amazon Prime for EBT or Medicaid, please let us know in the comments section below.