US Direct Express Customer Service

Before we talk about how to reach the Direct Express Customer Service, let’s give you a brief summary of the Direct Express Card and how your account is managed. The Direct Express Debit Mastercard is a prepaid reloadable card that is issued by Comerica Bank on behalf of the US Treasury department. It is used as an electronic payment option for Federal Benefits. A law was passed recently that requires all federal benefits to be paid electronically. As a recipient of federal benefits (like Social Security), you can comply with this rule in two ways. The first is to have your benefits payment deposited into your checking or savings account. If you do not have a traditional checking or savings account, another option is to have your benefits deposited on the Treasury Department recommended prepaid card – the Direct Express card. This includes those getting VA Compensation or Pension, RRB Annuity, and OPM (Federal Retirement).

"Direct Express Login"

Direct Express Customer Service Number

If you have questions about your Direct Express card and would like to speak with a customer service representative, you should follow the instructions below:

"Direct Express Customer Service"

Direct Express Customer Service

As you can see from the image, if you already have a Direct Express card, you can call customer service at the following numbers:

• Customer Service: 1-888-741-1115
  • Hearing impaired: 1-866-569-0447
  • International: 1-765-778-6290 (Collect)

How to Apply for the Direct Express Card

If you have not yet enrolled in Direct Express and would like to, you have two options. The first option is to follow the Direct Express Application and sign up for the card here. The article provides detailed instructions on how to apply for the card and what you need to complete the process. Another option is to call Direct Express Customer Service (this is a different number that is dedicated to card enrollment) at Card Enrollment Center: 1-800-333-1795. You can also follow the instructions in the image below:

"Apply for Direct Express Card"

If you are still having issues reaching customer service, email us your complaint or comment below.

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Direct Express Customer Service
25 comments on “US Direct Express Customer Service
  1. Kelly Couey says:

I recently lost my Direct Express Card. All I’m trying to do is fax over the documents that was ask of me or speak to a repersentative. using my social security nukmber isn’t helping cuase the card has been lost. What do I do?,please help

2. robert hammer says:

I have tried to open a directexpress account to monitor my benefit balance but the site keeps saying that it doesn’t recognise my zip code as being correct although it is and it is also the one they used to mail me my card.what can I do to access my account?

3. iva howell says:

If I want to pay a bill on line and I do not have a checking or saving acct what can I do they ask for a routing number

4. richard garcia says:

I’m trying to activate my replacement card but your instructions dont come up. I cant access my account.

5. Gareth Murphree says:

My father recently passed away and I need access to the money in his account to pay off some outstanding debts, what is a number where I can talk to a person without entering a PIN number, since I do not know this.

6. Never have I experience like this! Called to report lost card told to call next for routing number OMG! 3hrs and ???don’t even know if it was sent

7. You are the poorest of any company I have have ever dealt with

8. taylor lee says:

I cancelled my card because I couldn’t find it I found it now please reactive my card I have to pay my rent

9. mike lilly says:

my card is expired and im on vaca in nc how do i get my money

10. ariel says:

Where’s my card

11. my benefits posted but when i try to make a purchase my card was declined. can i get some services i also couldnt create an account to find out any info. thank you

12. mona senechal says:

i have charges on my transaction history, that i dont think i made, how do i find out if i made them or how to contact the company in question

13. Pamela Ireland says:

I reported a lost card promptly & ordered new card requesting 2 day ups shipping at cost of $13.50 the card didn’t come I had to order again and was chgd another $13.50 plus 4.00 I believe I shouldn’t be chgd twice since ups never showed on the first time

14. Karen smith says:

I contacted customer service at their # and all it did was give me a recording about when my card was ordered and did not give me a chance to speak to a rep. I need to speak with a rep to get a copy of the last 20 transactions.

15. JoA Griffin says:

I have had my card one month..I thought that I could set up a payment schedule to pay my bills like I have on my bank account..not! I have kept my bank account open just in case of a problem..glad I did because I want to return to deposit going there. Another thing is I have forgotten my pass word so I cannot go into my account and have them email it to me. I am elderly and somewhat disabled so I dont want to be running around drawing money out etc. how do I stop the card and have it changed back to bank?

16. Direct Express sucks. I filed a complaint because a company I ordered from on the internet charged me $137.00 for so called internet download software that does not work. The same day, I sent email and the manager wrote back and got very rude and nasty and on several occasions I requested a refund but I was totally ignored when I bought that subject up. I then filed a dispute with Direct Express, sent in all my paper work, and they believed the organization by denying my claim. The organization told them to have me contact them and I have done that several times. They said that I should return their product, when that is impossible being that it was entirely an internet transaction. I was sent a bunch of information and files but no software that could be loaded to make the program operate. I deleted the junk from my computer. How can you send something back you never received, and when you request a refund get ignored.

Direct Express did not help with my investigation, they just allowed that company to take advantage of me. I also informed them I opened a BBB complaint in Delaware where the company is located, and the BBB told me that company have an F rating for scams.

How in the world do I cancel my card with this bank that does not work for the people who make their jobs possible.

17. april marie chapman says:

My online log in is all messed up it said sent pw reset my email I never received it. I need access to print out history please its an emergency situation.

18. Berta says:

I am trying to find out the routing number and my account number so I can set up with SS for a partial direct deposit.

19. Kathy Hooper says:

I have lots of transactions on my July acc# and also how my transactions on my debit card now for August, I need help getting my money. Back’
    How do I file a fraud suit, I need help my bills are due and I am not going to get to pay them with my money keep missing,
    Help me please or I will have to change cards,

20. christine carswell says:

I need my route number and account number even though I don’t receive checks or have savings account I still need the information

2 Pings/Trackbacks for "US Direct Express Customer Service"
  1. […] The question is whether this information is getting to the intended target. You should contact the Direct Express customer service if you get a suspicious text or email asking you to provide your card or account […]