If you are receiving Social Security Disability benefits, knowing when your payments will be deposited each month is crucial to financial planning. In this post, we will explain how the 2019 Disability Calendar and when you can expect to be paid. For SSI payment calendar, click here.
This Post will Cover:
- Electronic Delivery of Disability Payments
- How Social Security Payment Schedule Works
- 2019 Disability Calendar
- Example of Monthly Disability Payment Calendar
Electronic Delivery of Disability Payments
As of March 1, 2013, Social Security stopped mailing paper checks. Beneficiaries are now required to receive their monthly payments electronically.
There are two ways you can receive your benefits:
Direct deposit of your disability payment: This option deposits your payment into your bank account on the day you are paid.
You need a checking or savings account with a bank or credit union to use this option.
Direct Express Debit Card: If you do not sign up for direct deposit, your benefits will be paid to you via Direct Express debit card option.
The Direct Express debit card works anywhere Debit Mastercard are accepted.
You can also use your Direct Express debit card to get cash back at the grocery store or to purchase money orders at the post office.
How Social Security Payment Schedule Works
When you receive your Social Security Retirement Benefits (SS) or Disability Benefits (SSDI) depends on your birthday.
- If your birthday falls between the 1st and 10th of the month, you’ll receive SSDI benefits on the 2nd Wednesday of every month.
- If your birthday falls between the 11th and 20th of the month, your benefits will come on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.
- If your birthday falls between the 21st and the last day of the month, your payments will come on the 4th Wednesday of every month.
2019 Disability Calendar
Example of Monthly Disability Payment Calendar
To demonstrate how to Social Security Disability calendar works, we have selected the month of September to show you how to read the calendar above.
If September 2019:
- If your birth date falls on the 1st – 10th day of the month, Social Security disability benefits are paid on September 11th.
- If your birth date falls on the 11th – 20th day of the month, Social Security disability benefits are paid on September 18th.
- If your birth date falls on the 21st – 31st day of the month, Social Security disability benefits are paid on September 25th.
2019 Social Security Calendar by Month
For your convenience, we have provided the 2019 Social Security Disability Calendar by month here. Click on each month to see the specific date your disability payments will be sent to your bank account.
If you have any questions about the 2019 Disability Calendar, please ask us in the comments section below.
If you found this article about the 2019 Disability Calendar helpful, please help us get the word out by sharing it using the “Share This” button below.